Skip to main content

Avila University Archives

Materials in this collection relate to the history of Avila University. These materials form part of the Avila University Archives housed within the Martha Smith, CSJ, Archives and Research Center located in the Hooley-Bundschu Library at Avila University. Avila University is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet. The roots of Avila’s history date back to the mid 1800's when the Sisters of St. Joseph arrived in the United States from France. Their mission has been to work for the dear neighbor and Avila has continued this tradition in its mission and values. Avila University was first known as St. Teresa’s College when it was founded as a two year junior college for women in 1916. In 1940 the name was changed to the College of St. Teresa when it became a four year college. In 1963 when the college moved to its new campus location and separated from the academy, the name was changed to Avila College and in 1969 it became co-educational. The college obtained university status in 2002 and is now Avila University.

11
RESULTS
rss


PART OF
American Libraries
Media Type
11
texts
Year
11
2006
1
2015
2
2014
9
2013
10
2012
10
2011
15
2010
More right-solid
Topics & Subjects
11
Avila College
11
College of St. Teresa
11
Kansas City (Mo.)
11
St. Teresa’s College
10
Avila University
9
Student newspapers and periodicals
More right-solid
Collection
Creator
9
students of avila university
2
avila university
Language
11
English
SHOW DETAILS
up-solid down-solid
eye
Title
Date Published
Creator
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 152
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 115
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
texts
eye 77
favorite 0
comment 0
Over the years, this publication was spordically produced for students. It includes a history of the college, information about campus resources, codes of conduct, constitution and by-laws, student activities and traditions, calendar of events and student organizations.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, College...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 70
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 55
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 54
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 53
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 44
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 40
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...
Avila University Archives
by Avila University
texts
eye 35
favorite 0
comment 0
This course catalog collection of Avila University spans the years 1922-2006. Avila University was first known as St. Teresa’s College when it was founded as a two year junior college for women in 1916. In 1940 the name was changed to the College of St. Teresa when it became a four year college. In 1963 when the college moved to its new campus location and separated from the academy, the name was changed to Avila College. The college obtained university status in 2002 and is now Avila...
Topics: Avila University--Curricula--Catalogs, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s...
Avila University Archives
by Students of Avila University
texts
eye 26
favorite 0
comment 0
The student run newspaper for Avila University (formerly known as St. Teresa’s College, College of St. Teresa and Avila College) began in 1922 as The Gleam and was subsequently renamed The Teresian in 1931, The Avila Collegian in 1964, The Free Fall in 1970, The Avila Phoenix in 1975, The Avila Examiner in 1976 and The Talon in 1992.
Topics: Avila University, Avila College, College of St. Teresa, St. Teresa’s College, Student newspapers...